Translate

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

2012 US Olympic Trials! THOUGHTS

Alright so I am sitting here watching these podium training vids, and Jordyn looks as solid as ever. Besides, she could fall on her ass and still make the team I think. I saw John making her do situps during Kyla's floor; I hope she doesn't push too hard and then not be 100% for the Olympics.

Rebecca Bross hasn't gone for a dismount, but the rest of her beam looks solid as usual. Can't wait to see how her dismount goes. She is the same old Rebecca on bars, but I have noticed she starts turning her pirouettes before she hits the handstand, is that a deduction? Nastia's beam looks fine, her double and a half layout off actually looks better than it has lately. She also did a few very high dismounts on bars that looked great, I just hope she can hold it together for the rest of her routine so she's not too tired to do it!

Kyla looks good on bars and beam as well, and her floor is pretty, although only a 5.5 D score. She and Nastia are the ones I think are really on the fence of making it or not. Things could go either way, but I am rooting for both!

After missing half of nationals after she crashed on a triple full on floor in training, McKayla's beam and bars look fine. The only event she really wows on though is vault, and I'm wondering whether that will be enough to get her onto the team. We shall see.

Marta BETTER NOT put Alicia Sacramone on this team! Her beam looks pretty average and I feel that with so many Amanars we don't need her vault. She's certainly not in contention for an individual medal. And is she doing floor or not? I also just watched Bridget's beam and there's no chance she makes this team. Not that there's anything wrong with her routines, there's just nothing we particularly need her for.

Aly's routines are difficult but I don't think the international judges will like her look. I think the only way she will win any individual medals is if someone else messes up. It will be interesting to see whether Martha lets her go for the all-around.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment