Translate

Friday, June 29, 2012

Olympic Trials TONIGHT! OMG

The Olympic trials start tonight and I will be LIVE TWEETING here: https://twitter.com/

I cannot wait for this! Unfortunately I may have a conflict on Sunday for the finals because I am going to the Braves, but hopefully I will be home in time to watch live. Maybe someone can post it on youtube (doubtful) or send it to me????

Anyway, here are a few more thoughts about what I've seen from podium training and my predictions:

-First off, I think there are a few people who should even be here. The obvious team is Wieber, Maroney, Douglas, Ross, and Raisman. Nastia, Anna Li, or Rebecca could possibly throw a wrench into things if their bars are SPECTACULAR, and Alicia I think has a it of a shot as well. Other than them though and mayyyybe Finnegan, nobody else here in my opinion has any chance at the team SO WHY ARE THEY HERE??? I don't know why USA Gymnastics felt the need to invite the ENTIRE national team but whatever.

-Nastia's bars looks fine in podium training, she has made it through whole routines with the dismount. Daddy's helping a lot on the pak and Geinger though, so I still think Nastia's bars could go either way.

-I don't know what Sloan is thinking. Her start values are very low and I honestly don't think she has a shot. How is she thinking she's going to make this team??

-Li's bars are looking exceptionally good in podium training but I doubt she'll make it. Her execution is not consistent.

-Bross's Patterson looks good! Seems like she has worked through the issues in the two weeks following Visas. Valeri has obviously had a plan and I have funny feeling that she miigghht just slip in there and make the team.

SWIMMING TRIALS are also tonight, starting at 7:00 ET on NBC! I will be watching this as well to see the hot Phelps and Lochte. Then WOMEN'S GYMNASTICS TRIALS NIGHT 1 starts at 9:00!

No comments:

Post a Comment