Translate

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

VISA PREDICTIONS: PART II

MORE THOUGHTS ON MAJOR PLAYERS:

Gabby Douglas: From what I've seen of podium training so far, her vault will be solid. I predict a great bars set but she'll wobble at least once on beam. She'll go through to trials for sure but making that team for London will prove a bit tougher.

Alicia Sacramone: Since dropping floor, vault was the only thing she was really good for. And with no Amanar, she's really not very useful even on that anymore. I think if Alicia is healthy enough to hit, she'll make it to trials but I don't see a spot for her on this team.

McKayla Maroney: Makes everyone else cry with her Amanar, as usual. I predict she'll have an otherwise pretty solid meet; I hope she holds it together on beam. I'm telling you Martha BETTER put her on this team! With the U.S. never taking gold since '96 before Martha was in power, what makes Martha think they can suddenly do it now? McKayla's vault can help the team for sure and her vault is a guaranteed gold.

Bridget Sloan: Can she even really be considered one of the major players in this event? She's been out so long I'm just worried she won't be able to pull it all together for this meet. Hard to believe she was the world AA Champion just a few years ago. Sadly, she just peaked at the wrong time.

No comments:

Post a Comment