Translate

Friday, June 8, 2012

VISA CHAMPS THOUGHTS: NIGHT 1

So Night 1 Nationals just wrapped up, and it was a big disappointment for 08 Olympic AA champs Nastia Liukin. She faltered on bars but then redeemed herself on beam to post a 15.1, the third best score of the night. I'm also kinda wondering why WOGA repeated the same hot pink leos from Classics?
Gabby in the meantime I think surprised everyone but me. Ever since I saw her beat Jordyn in Madison Square Garden (even if it was at the Scam Cup) I've known she has something special. She and Jordyn are all tied up for night 1. Could things get anymore exciting!? I was happy to see Jordyn hit bars, and heard her coach John Geddert say "freaking finally!" LOL love him.

McKayla Maroney vaulted GREAT as usual but bars was a bit of a disaster. I'm hoping she'll make this team cause she's a sure shot for an individual gold while a team gold isn't guaranteed, but I think with vault being the only place she really shines, her status is still questionable.
All around, everyone did pretty well and there were no more major surprises. Bridget's bar routine was a little shocking and I was happy for her. She absolutely peaked the year after the Olympics which sucks and I"m kinda pulling for her, even though I have so many other favorites I want on this Olympic team!

No comments:

Post a Comment