Translate

Sunday, July 1, 2012

2012 Olympic Trials THOUGHTS

Alright so there is one thing that bothers me: there are 6 men's gymnastics events and only 5 men can even be named to the team! Seems a little ridiculous especially seeing as how gym is such a popular sport, and the team sizes for most other sports are a lot bigger.

Sorry the only men I really knew of were Danell Leyva, John Orozco (MY FAVORITE) and Jonathan Horton. Oh yes and Jake from Oklahoma! Nadia and Bart must be proud:) And then one other guy who made the team, I cannot remember his name? I was a little surprised with Steven Legendre only being alternate.

Okay for the women I think we all guessed it: Wieber (robbed), Douglas, Maroney, Ross, and Raisman. I hope they get gold, but I just have a strange feeling something will go wrong. I swear if Martha Karolyi screws this up a fourth time.............

Watching fell off bars and landed flat on her stomach (why didn't daddy catch her on that Geinger!?), she nailed her beam routine. She did take out her switch ring and just did a plain switch leap at the end. But I was very glad that she made her final routine and seeing her wave to the crowd made me cry:(

Of the girls who were named to the team, Aly looked the most emotional, sobbing with her hand over her mouth. She does such a good job staying calm and composed and hitting all of her routines four for four; it was like everything she had been holding in for so long finally showed.  I was very happy for Price being named and alternate; it was more than either she or her coaches expected. And with Martha's record as far as injury goes, I am thinking this girl just might be competing in London.

I was disappointed about Nastia, WOGA was just a disaster tonight! I think she should go for another World Championships; she is only 2 medals away from having the most ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment