Translate

Saturday, July 28, 2012

True? False? John Orozco Adoption

By far, the #1 thing people search to find my blog is some variation of the words John Orozco and "adopted." Everyone including me has been wondering this, so I have decided to research it.

A quick scan of John's wikipedia page revealed nothing more than that he is "the child of Puerto Rican parents, William and Damaris Orozco. 



Here are pictures of his parents. Everyone who sees them on TV is confused because of how light they appear, while John is obviously black (and also hispanic?) I have read several articles about John and none of them mention anything about him being adopted. I suppose it's a mystery. I have heard of people ending up much darker than their parents though.

Here's a video about John Orozco growing up in the Bronx and struggling with bullies and poverty during his childhood. His story is really amazing and he deserves all the best. He's my favorite gymnast on the team and I wish him all the best in the finals!!







1 comment:

  1. Hey Cleo!

    My name is Erik Orozco... Yup Johns brother. The simple reason nothing is found is because no one was adopted. I actually look 'white' including, Russian, Italian, Albanian, I mean you name it lol but we're 100% Puerto Rican.
    We have quite a colorful family but a lot of Latinos do and we wouldn't change it for anything! :)

    Thanks for all of the support and posts!
    E. Orozco

    ReplyDelete