Translate

Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Interview at Oprah's House Made Me MAD!

Since I've been on vacation I decided to double-post tonight! So as you may know Oprah held a massive Olympian special-type interview filming recently, which will air on July 22nd. This is basically a rant about things about this particular Oprah episode that make me fume! And this episode has yet to air, at which point I'm sure I will find plenty more;)

ANYWAYS, here are the things: First of all, WTF is Mary Lou Retton wearing!? You would think she would bother to get a stylist or at least a second opinion (because I don't know what sane person would approve of her dressing like this) when she's about to be on an episode of Oprah to be viewed by millions of people! But apparently she didn't. I don't care how many gold medals you have, this is an embarrassment.


Mary Lou Retton chose a zebra print jacket with blue trim to match the blue ribbon on her medal!




Second thing that bothers me is the presence of Shawn Johnson. Not that I have anything against her, but there are a lot of athletes here including two all-around champions for women's gymnastics, but it's like nothing important can ever happen without the presence of the great Shawn Johnson! (sarcasm) Shawn was lucky she got that gold on beam, seeing as how Nastia had been outscoring her there throughout the games. But now Shawn, who got silver to Nastia's gold in AA, and 2 apparatus medals to Nastia's 3, is hailed as if she herself were the all-around champ instead of Nastia. Whatever, I am hoping that Oprah had the decency to invite Nastia and Nastia was simply unable to attend, but I have a feeling that wasn't the case. Which makes me fume. I swear anyone who is less than an obsessed fan is led to believe that Shawn won the all-around gold. 


Oprah cozies up to Shawn and other gymnasts............


......while reigning Olympic champion Nastia gets no love.


The last thing that bothered me was Nadia Comaneci's twitter leading up to and after the interview taping. She made her invitation to be on Oprah's special sound like an encounter with some kind of majestic royal deity. In my opinion Nadia Comaneci is a much bigger star than this greedy exploiter and I didn't understand all the Oprah worship coming from her twitter. I really don't get all the Oprah-worship in general. Whatever. Good for Nadia at least for being humble about things. 


Nadia was thrilled to be at Oprah's "spectacular place."

Uhm why did this happen? LOL looks like they're about to jump in that bed and go at it! Maybe Nadia just felt really compelled to take a picture in every spectacular room of Oprah's spectacular house (sarcasm). 

No comments:

Post a Comment